The latest Archeage Amigo patch note was releases a couple weeks earlier than expected. Naturally, this means the patch won’t be as significant of a patch, but there’s some interesting incremental changes instead of a bunch of whole new contents.
A few to note are:
- There’s a new chronicles Hidden Story quest line.
- Extra calculating factors for Faction Scores and the actual points are view-able by the players.
- Extra perks for owning a territory and some reward changes from sieges.
- New mounts you can capture.
- Nerfs/Balance to Swiftblade and Malediction skill trees.
- Fixes to House Fairy.
- Increased loot drop & slight fix to Golden Shrine Dungeon.
A new quest line called the Chronicles quest is out. The original main quest is usually about the Gods from the past or world threatening bosses like Anthalon and Serpentis. However Archeage has many other stories other than that. Each region has its own story. To introduce you guys all this back story, XL introduced the Chronicles quest line.
To activate the Chronicles quests, you need to spend a little bit of Gold and Gilda Stars to activate it. If you don’t want to do the quest, just don’t buy it and it won’t show up in your quest log.
After the Faction Score system was released, XL’s have seen multiple attempts of KR players trying to game the system to make it favorable for their own faction. Since the actual points were not available to the public a lot of players have been left with confusion. They are now making the Faction Score available to the public.
- Faction Score level stages are now expanded to 10 instead of 5.
- Balanced the amount of points you get depending on how hard the boss is.
- Faction Score is now affected by the number of participants that joined content.
The old Faction Score was based on the results of the content. (whether the boss died or not) Now Faction Scores will be also considering the number of players that joined Sieges or Raid contents. It also takes into consider about the change of the number of participants as time passes during content, so it will be able to more accurately calculate each of the Faction’s actual strength.
After the Garden patch got released, Territory content became less appealing based on how little it gives compared to Garden content.
XL has been busy adding new content and was busy to balance this, but hopes this patch adds vigor to Territory content.
First of all, if the Attacking faction wins, the amount of payment the faction wins gets increased by approximately 2 ~ 3 times than before.
Second of all, during certain conditions, the Castle will spawn a workbench where you can use your Territory Coins to by items like Hiram Upgrade scrolls (T1 ~ T4) and Erenor Infusions. The more territory the faction owns, the better items the faction and buy with a better price.
T1~T3 scrolls can be purchasable via Lord’s Coins, but T4 scrolls can only be obtainable via the weekly quest you can get from the Castle. The weekly quest is only available if you have a certain amount of contribution to the castle.
XL added 5 new Battle Mounts that can be captured in game. They have about the same abilities and they look like those below.
Swiftblade & Malediction Balance
After February’s Skill Balance patch, a lot have been said about Swiftblade being too powerful. Malediction had a lot of discussions about whether it was too strong as well. The reason XL didn’t touch the two skill’s balance was because they had to touch both skill classes or it would end up being either melee dps being too OP or mage dps being too OP.
They tried analyzing user patterns during the past few months, but they couldn’t decide which class was stronger. Yeah, but they know Archery is shit tier 😦 However, they did admit that Swiftblade itself as a class was more superior compared to other skill trees.
As a result, XL is deciding to nerf both Malediction and Swiftblade in a minor fashion.
- Sinister Strike (Wave): Skill damage reduced by 10%
- Twin Shadow Slash: Skill damage reduced by 10%
- Blink (Includes all Ancestral skills): No longer able to use the skill during Global Cooldown.
- Mana Bolts: Skill damage reduced by 6.6%
- Crashing Wave: Skill damage reduced by 10%
- Serpent Bite (Including all Ancestral skills): Additional Damage from Malediction stacks reduced by 20% and 10 Stack effect that petrifies target reduced to 2 seconds from 2.5 seconds.
If players used the House Fairy to do Husbandry, they were not able to Pelts and would only receive Meat instead. Now for some husbandry products, users will be able to receive Pelts as well as the Meat and can also receive Fur, Feathers, etc via RNG.
House Fairies also sometimes give you a higher yield that usual. (Kind of like a mini-jackpot.)
Erenor Golden Shrine
This new dungeon was harder than probably most of you guys have thought. I’m pretty sure no 5 man party was able to beat the entire dungeon yet. I haven’t seen a single post claiming that they finished it so yeah…
The reason why no one was able to beat it was not only because the dungeon is very difficult; it was also because only players with Library sets really need to go for it. Those with better gear (Erenor set), don’t really have to go for it.
XL announced the following changes:
- The first and second boss’s loot drop got increased. Now players will be able to earn more mats that are used for awakening their Library gear.
- The time limit for beating the dungeon has been increased to 3 hours from the original 2 hours.
- The spell named Kallil’s Sword range has been changed to only hit targets 200′ degrees in front of the boss. (This is the 2nd boss’ pattern.)
From what I heard, this pattern used to be very wide.
XL notices the difficulty of this dungeon, but is hesitant to make it easier as that also can make the dungeon less exciting.
Minor Changes about the KR Unchained Server (Garden Server):
Ehh… nothing much. They’re just gonna release some content the KR Unchained server does not have yet by Mid April.
Some Future Info:
XL is preparing some new updates for the players that are stressed by the whole Corona situation and are preparing some in game goodies that will help players such as Auroria Hunting events and free loot boxes and free Awakening Scrolls. They are going to receive synth exp bonus events and 2x WHM, EHM daily and weekly quest rewards.