Like part 1, Summer update part 2 is also an incremental patch that doesn’t really give you much new content, but rather just gives you incremental changes to the game. Good news is KR is getting some long wanted features players have always been wanting.
- Vehicle component modifications for Siege Tanks, Coupe/Roadster series, and the Strada.
- House Fairies can now run automatic trade pack runs for you.
- Ranking system for Garden daily scores. Top ranks get rewards.
- Raid gold payout system. Might be tax exempt.
- Better combat log
- Can now use Nation chat/Guild chat even in the Garden instance.
- Unlocking content for KR’s unchained server.
Vehicle Component Modifications
Archeage has a unique feature no other game really has which are physics engine based the boats and vehicles. This patch lets vehicles be able to swap and modify components of the vehicle like how one would do on a boat. These components each have different unique abilities.
For this update, only the Siege tank, T3 Coupe/Roadster, and Strada will get vehicle modifications, but during late summer, XL is planning to bring vehicle modifications for B200s, and Farm Freighters. Those will have different type of vehicle mods unlike the ones that are being introduced in this patch and further info will come in future Amigo posts.
Customizable Component UI
There are variances between different types of vehicles, but vehicles will have the following categories as slots: Engine, the Frame, Wheel, and Reinforcement component, and vehicle specific component.
Some of the components that are customizable are common for the three vehicles, thus can be equipped on all three of the vehicles. Think of it how the current ship component system is like. Some components like the propellants can only be equipped by specific boats, but things like sails can be equipped on any boat.
Like ship components, vehicle components will have a specific way to obtain and will be regradable to increase its stats.
The following explains what each vehicle component does:
- Engine: Directly affects the vehicle’s mobility by increasing the vehicle’s acceleration.
- Vehicle frame: Changes the material that covers the vehicle’s exterior and increases the max HP depending on its material, but can also slow the vehicle due to added weight.
- Front/back wheels: Increases the vehicle’s movement speed, turning speed, and its grip.
- Front/side/back reinforcement component: Protects the vehicle from external forces by increasing the vehicle’s physical and magical defense.
The following images are all Normal Parts that can be equipped on any vehicle.
Vehicle Specific Components
There are also components that can only be equipped by certain vehicles.
- Siege Tank: Cannon barrel
- Coupe/Roadster Series: Rapid-fire gun, Cover, Passenger protective pads
- Strada: Shatigon’s sand cannon, Exclusive/Special cannon
Like how ship components can only be replaced within range of an Ezi Light, vehicles can only change its components next to the Daru Cart managers. Along side with the vehicle mod change, the following changes are also happening:
- Siege Tanks now have the physics system applied like other vehicles. This probably means that they can be pushed and flipped?
- T3 Apex Squall and Comet Speedster is now a 4 wheel driver.
Finally in July, there will be a new car chasing content that requires using these modified vehicles in a the new area called the “Land of Magic” which is located west of Western Hiram Mountains. In August XL also aims to make these vehicles available even in siege.
House Fairy Changes
Since House Fairies directly affect the in-game economy, XL took a conservative approach when adding features to the House Fairy system. They’ve gathered some data and decided the make the following changes.
- The required EXP to level from 1 to 10 is now reduced.
- Gains more EXP during every level.
- Increased the max level of House Fairies. Originally max level was 20.
- Appearance of House Fairies are now changeable.
Since the fairy has more levels, it can learn new skills. House Fairies can now finally automatically run trade packs for you, but the amount of time it takes to run a pack run is not consistent. Luckily it always turns the trade pack with the highest value so it’s not a huge issue.
Some things to take note of:
- House Fairy Trade pack runs can only be done once the fairy reaches a certain leve.
- You need to lend the fairy a Farm cart scroll so that the fairy can use it.
- It will then start running normal, specialty trade packs from that region.
- The amount of packs that can be ran by the House Fairy depends on the level of the fairy and the number of packs the farm cart can hold.
- If the House Fairy is doing something else and is ordered to run packs, it well require more fee (Probably means labor).
Guardians of the Garden Ranking System
Basically to promote players to reach higher ranks for their Garden dailies instead of just stopping at rank 6, XL added a ranking system for the amount of points players gained from the Garden scouting daily.
This rank renews every Monday Midnight and players in the ranking can receive pretty hefty rewards. If a character reaches first place for the first time, it can also receive an achievement as well as a title.
First place receives 200x T4 Hiram scrolls, 50k honor, 20x honor increase while farming pots (craftable), and 2000 gold.
Quality of Life Improvements
Some times you might need to distribute payouts to your entire raid. This is obviously a pain in the arse, so XL finally added a way to send gold payouts. You can now save a list of pre-made Raid member lists to auto invite players to your raid.
These lists last for 14 days and you can save max 10 of these raid lists. From this UI, you can also distribute gold payouts to all the members.
Things to take note of:
- You can only save raid lists that have more than 20 players.
- If a mail is for a particular player is sent using the cheap ass method (that has the mail sending timer), only that player will get its mail after the timer and rest of the members will receive the mail right away.
- Mail tax applies uniformly for everyone.
So the gold payout system will have the previously mentioned 20% tax system applied so you can notice the disgusting 40 gold tax for each player when sending out a 200 gold payout.
XL will look at the system usage and determine whether they feel the need to make this tax exempt though.
Combat Log Improvements
Basically the combat log was shit so the floating damage numbers weren’t getting displayed if the target had shields effects on itself.
The term “absorbed” in the combat log will now only show the amount of damage that has been negated by the shield.
The floating damage numbers will now show the raw damage output before any calculations happened and the combat log will show you the rest of the information you need.
Combat Effect Changes
Basically some terms in Archeage were very vague. Like wtf is Toughness and Resilience in regards to character stats?
Lots of these big and small name changes are specific to Korean so it’s not really worth mentioning all of them, so I’ll just write about some of them.
- Replaced the terms “Increased & Reduced” to “+ and -“.
- Resilience is now called Critical Resistance.
- Toughness is now called PvP Damage Resistance.
- Shield Defense Penetration stats are all removed and Shield Defense Penetration rate will be a flat 50% chance across the entire game.
Cross Server Instance Chatting Improvement
So basically in the Garden instance, only players from the main server that had the Garden instance hosted at that time period could’ve used guild chat and nation chat. This is some ass coding, but yeah KR players have been living that way for months.
Finally XL is changing it so that any players can enjoy using nation chat, family chat, and guild chat while they are in the Garden instance.
KR Unchained Server Content Unlock
KR’s Unchained server is finally getting Castle Sieges and Territory contents unlocked. When other content that are still locked in Garden will open is non announced yet and XL says they aren’t going to rush it.
So here it is, part 2 of the Summer update. It’s a god damn shame we won’t be able to chat properly in the Garden instance for the next couple months to a year in Garden when KR can literally do it.
But anyway, what do you expect from XL and Gamigo anyway?